Information for Volunteer Leaders
4-H Volunteer e-Learning Course
When you finish this course you'll be able to define the purpose of 4-H, identify partners of the organization, explain where and how 4-H is conducted, and determine how to get started as a 4-H volunteer.
The course takes approximately 20 minutes to complete.
• "About 4-H" provides information about the purpose and philosophy of 4-H. It also introduces you to the many ways in which you can participate.
• "Positive Youth Development" provides information on the essential elements of 4-H. You will also learn about the positive aspects of working with youth groups.
• "Getting Started in 4-H" provides information about conducting club meetings, after school programs and other types of gatherings.
• "Leadership and Teaching" provides techniques and tools for working with youth groups.
Click here to take this course. Password: volunteer
Child Safety Online Course
The California 4-H Youth Development Program Policy Committee provides this training on child safety to youth and adult 4-H volunteer leaders. This training is one part of the process in becoming a 4-H volunteer.
This course can help leaders to:
* Recognize abused children
* Know how and when to report suspected child abuse
* Protect themselves from any suspicion of inappropriate actions
* Plan future action
Click here to take this course.