2021 CWSS Student Poster Competition
Graduate and undergraduate posters were judged separately. Cash prizes were awarded to the top students in each competition. There were 13 graduate entries, 4 undergraduate entries, and one entry from a junior specialist not participating in the contest.
The winners were:
- Guelta Laguerre, undergraduate poster winner (1st place)
- Alex Ceseski, graduate student poster winner (1st place tie)
- Matthew Fatino, graduate student poster winner (1st place tie)
- Drew Wolter, graduate student presentation winner (1st place)
- James Schaeffer, graduate student presentation winner (2nd place)
Below are links to the posters and the videos. Please take some time to learn more about the exciting weed science research that is happening in California! Enjoy!
Wenzhuo Wu - Sterile Pollen Technique as a Novel Weed Management Tool - video
Aaron Becerra-Alvarez - Rice Response and Weed Control from Clomazone Applied at Different Timing in a Continuous Flood System - video
Alex R. Ceseski - Enhanced Metabolism of ALS Inhibitors in Cyperus difformis - video
Katrina Maria C. Steinhauer - Environmental Conditions on Postemergence Herbicides Control of Glyphosate-Resistant Junglerice (Echinochloa colona) - video
Gabrielle Celaya-Finke - Effects of Moisture and Salt Stress on Germination of Common Waterhemp (Amaranthus tuberculatus) - video