The USDA Web Soil Survey website provides soil data and information for 100% of Lassen County. The website will help you identify soil information about your property by following these five basic steps:
1. Click on the "Start WWS" green button on the Web Soil Survey website homepage.
2. Define your Area of Interest (AOI) by entering the address, or even just the county and state. "Zoom In" or "Zoom Out" by clicking the icon and then the map. Click on the AOI icon above the map to draw a rectangle or polygon around the area of land you are interested in.
3. Click the Soil Map tab to view or print a soil map and detailed descriptions of the soils in your Area of Interest.
4. Click the Soil Data Explorer tab to access soil data for your area and determine the suitability of the soils for a particular use. Under "Suitabilities and Limitations for Use" click on the category you are interested in, and then press "View Rating" to see detailed information. The items you want saved in a report can be added to your shopping cart.
5. Use the Shopping Cart tab to get your custom printable report immediately or download it later.
After you have printed your report, if you have questions, feel free to call our office and talk to David Lile at 530-251-8133.